Announcements for Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Today is Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Regular Order, Day 3
- Truth and Glory, an afternoon of prayer and fellowship with Dominican High School, will be held Thursday, Dec. 13 from 3:45pm-5:30pm at Dominican High School. The cost is free and pizza will be served. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office for more details.
- It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts. This is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and the Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through 14 December. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes have been placed in each homeroom to collect the toys. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. The drive only lasts until 14 December: so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors will meet in Room 223; Juniors will meet on the roof; sophomores in Room 227; and Freshmen in Room 224.
The bishops will meet today at the Chess Club meeting at 3:00 p.m. in Room 332.
The Outdoors Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 219.
- Fall Sports Recognition Night will be held on Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. All cross country, football and swimming lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time for lettermen is 6:10 p.m. Attire for this event is coat and tie.
- Friday during lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks as well as the best Christmas suit. All student are invited to wear their Christmas best, but must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words);
- Students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater;
- Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes;
- Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.
- Top’s tip of the day: If a jacket is worn to school and it is not a Jesuit New Orleans Imprinted it must be solid blue, black or gray without logos.