Announcements for Monday, December 10, 2018
Today is Monday, December 10, 2018
Regular Order, Day 5
- It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts. This is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and the Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through 14 December. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes have been placed in each homeroom to collect the toys. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. The drive only lasts until 14 December: so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 239.
- The Investment Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- Seniors: Today is the last day to submit Counseling Request Forms. You must submit a form for each school where you intend to apply by the end of the day today.
- Top’s tip of the day: Inappropriate language is not acceptable at any time.
- On Saturday the 8th grade basketball team overcame an early 11-0 deficit to beat Hannan 48-40. Kole White led the offense with 24 points, while Brock Guillot and Ray Lotten added seven and six points, respectively. Jace Larsen, Michael Welsh, Hayden Frey, and Scout Hughes provided strong defense.