Announcements for Friday, November 16, 2018
Today is Friday, November 16, 2018
Regular Order, Day 4
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- All students and faculty will meet in homerooms on Monday and not at assembly.
- The varsity football team will face John Curtis tonight at Yulman Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard today until 3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate.
- Shrek the Musical has two more performances, tonight at 7:30 and tomorrow at 7:30. Save $5 by buying your tickets in advance at jesuitnola.org/phils or in the Phils office, Room 201.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Students participating in the Tulane Model UN Conference will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will hold its quarterly organizational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
The swimming team will compete in the state tournament this morning and on Saturday morning in Sulphur.
The varsity soccer team will open its season on Saturday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium hosting Lafayette High at 1:00. The JV game begins at 11:00.
The varsity basketball team will play at Franklinton on Saturday evening with tip off set for 5:00. The JV game begins at 3:30, while the 9th grade game is set to start at 2:30.
The varsity tennis team will scrimmage Catholic in Baton Rouge on Saturday.
The varsity wrestling team will host and also compete in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament on Saturday in the gym starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Members of the Jesuit News Network are reminded to turn in their permission forms for the radio station tour to Mr. Culotta.
- Balfour will return to campus on Nov. 29 to take make-up orders for graduation announcements and senior rings. Students should turn in forms and money only to Balfour and not to Jesuit. See Mr. Orillion in room 114 with any questions.
- Top’s tip of the day: Blue Jay Spirit is a remarkable thing when you have it.
- Congratulations to senior football player Noah Varnado for being named NOLA.com Metro Area Player of the Week.
- The JV basketball team started off the season 1-0 with a 51-39 win over Hahnville. The Jays had 3 players in double figures led by Jack Lo’s 15. Chris Gillen and Josh Washington added 14 and 11, respectively.
- Saturday at the Lusher Quiz Bowl Invitational, Jesuit’s A, B, C teams advanced through a 25 team tournament featuring the best programs in the state to emerge with the strongest overall school performance. Jesuit B, led by captain Michael Owers, with Matthew Dowling, Garrison Trahant, and Blake Johnson took home second place. Matthew also earning second place in the individual rankings. Jesuit A, led by captain Dexter Webster, with Donald Webster, Bradley Fugetta, and Christopher Vuong captured fourth place. Jesuit C, led by captain Nicholas Cibilich, with Jason Dominque, Jacob Schenck, Darren Tsang, and David Webster took home 13th place. The JV team easily won their division, led by captain Collin Pelitere, with Andrew Cavignac, Ahmed Almoaswes, and Wade Rogers. Collin Pelitere was the highest individual scorer in JV and Wade Rogers was the third highest scorer. Congratulations, Quiz Bowl.
- On Wednesday night the Beach Volleyball Squad played their championship matches in the bitter cold…barefoot. Seniors Collin Catalano and Andrew Burger won two of three sets to win their division. Senior Jack Battaglia and Junior Michael Curlee played well against a nationally ranked doubles team to place second in their division. Juniors Nathan Hannan and Simon Firmin won their match in two sets to place third in their division. Overall the team placed second and displayed great toughness and competitive spirit. Congratulations to all on a great season.