Announcements for Thursday, November 1, 2018
Today is Thursday, November 1, 2018
Special Order, Day 7
- Today’s Late Start Schedule:
9:55 Warning Bell
10:00-10:30 First Period
10:35-11:05 Second Period
11:05-11:10 Morning Break
11:15-11:45 Third Period
11:50-12:20 Fourth Period
1:05-1:35 Fifth Period
1:40-2:10 Sixth Period
- All juniors will meet today at the beginning of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on senior rings. Enter through the back entrance on Solomon St.
- The Homecoming Dance is this Saturday from 8:00 -11:30 pm at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Tickets are $40 pre-sale and $50 at the door. Tickets will be sold before school and during lunch this week in the Commons.
- Tickets for the Philelectic Society production of Shrek the Musical go on sale today. Advance tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults. They are available online at the Phils’ page on the Jesuit website and in the Phils’ office, Room 201.
- Tomorrow will be the last day to bring in books for the Service and Social Justice League’s book drive to support the Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights. Please see the flyers in your homeroom for the requested books and drop off your donations in the bins outside the resource center. In addition, today is the last day you can buy pizza at lunch in the Commons to support this cause.
- All club and team meetings scheduled for lunch today have been cancelled due to a shortened lunch.
- Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The Spanish Club will meet today after school in Room 320 to celebrate Día de Muertos.
- The Programming Club will meet today after school in Room 403.
The 9th grade football team will close out its season this afternoon at Brother Martin starting at 4:30 while the 8th grade team will host the Crusaders in its season finale at John Ryan Stadium also starting at 4:30.
The swimming team will compete in the Last Chance Meet tonight at UNO starting at 6:00.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 403 for any current member interested in joining the E-Board.
- The Herpetology club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 229.
- 8th grade basketball tryouts start tomorrow immediately after school in the gym. See Coach Murphy in Room 225 with any questions.
- The varsity football team will close out its regular season on Friday night vs. Brother Martin at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today through Friday of this week from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted T-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
- Seniors: Rhodes College will be conducting admission and scholarship interviews on campus on Tuesday, Nov. 6 from noon until 3pm. Please sign up in the Guidance Office by the end of the day on Friday if you are interested.
- Intramural football playoffs will being today during lunch on Will Clark Field. Schedule and brackets are posted on the first floor bulletin board.
- Top’s tip of the day: Show respect for other trying to prepare themselves for Mass by remaining silent while moving to Mass.
- Teachers please click on the link for a very special Halloween presentation from the Phils: Shrek