Announcements for Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Today is Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Regular Order, Day 2
- All seniors will meet today at the beginning of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on Graduation announcements. Any seniors with ring sizing issues can address them after the meeting with Balfour.
- All juniors will meet Thursday at the beginning of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on senior rings.
- The Homecoming Dance is this Saturday from 8:00 -11:30 pm at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Tickets are $40 pre-sale and $50 at the door. Tickets will be sold before school and during lunch starting tomorrow in the Commons.
- Sign up will be again today in the Commons for open house tour guides.
Tickets for the Philelectic Society production of Shrek the Musical go on sale this Thursday. Advance tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults. They are available online at the Phils’ page on the Jesuit website and in the Phils’ office, Room 201.
- Anyone interested in taking drivers ed this fall can meet with Coach Roule today during the first half of lunch in Room 229. Class dates and information will be given out.
- The general Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- Students participating in the Tulane Model UN Conference will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Public Speaking class will present the radio play “The Mark of the Beast” by Rudyard Kipling in the auditorium at second period on Halloween. The students in the class will perform all the voices and live sound effects. If you have a free period at that time, please come be a part of our audience and join us by 10:10AM. Happy Halloween!
- There will be a Halloween fashion show/costume contest tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the Commons. 1st prize will be a free homecoming ticket and 2nd prize will be a free ticket to Jesuit’s musical production of Shrek. All costumes must be appropriate and be approved by the Student Council moderators.
- The Spanish Club will meet Thursday after school in Room 320 to celebrate Día de Muertos.
- The varsity football team will close out its regular season on Friday night vs. Brother Martin at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today through Friday of this week from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted T-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
- Top’s tip of the day: Your actions good or bad reflect upon you, your family, your friends and your school.