Announcements for Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Today is Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Regular Order, Day 6
- Beginning today, the Service and Social Justice League will begin collecting paperback books for the Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights, a nonprofit law office that supports young people in the Louisiana juvenile justice system. Please see the flyers in your homeroom for the full list of requested books and drop off your donations in the bins outside the resource center. In addition, you can also support the drive by purchasing pizza for lunch in the Commons this Friday and next Tuesday and Thursday.
- All pre-freshmen are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of first half of lunch today. Gentleman, you will have five minutes travel time to get to the auditorium.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Model UN will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- All Sodality grade levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Freshmen will meet in the chapel. All other grade levels will meet in their normal rooms.
- Become King for a Day! The Chess Club will meet this afternoon immediately after school in Room 112. New members, those interested in learning more about the Chess Club, or those simply wanting a friendly game of Chess are always welcome.
- The Outdoors Club and the Cycling Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 219.
- The Foosball Club and the Acoustic Guitar Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Gravity.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the district championship meet at City Park on Thursday starting at 4:45.
- The varsity football team will host Destrehan this Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets for adults and students are $6.00 each and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Seniors: Tomorrow is the last day that college application workshops will be held before and after school. College counselors will be available in CL-3 tomorrow from 7-7:45 before school and from 3-3:45 after school. Stop by with any questions you may have.
- St. Louis University will hold interviews at Jesuit on Friday, Oct. 26. Please sign up in the Guidance Office by Thursday if you are interested.
- Admission representatives from Saint Louis University, Boston University, and St. John’s College will be available during lunch today in Rooms 120, 121, and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Now is a good time to review the bulletin with reference to what is allowed to be worn in cooler weather.