Announcements for Friday, October 12, 2018
Today is Friday, October 12, 2018
Seven Period Day, Day 1b
- The varsity football team will face Rummel on Saturday night at Joe Yenni Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the switchboard today until 3:30. Both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each.
- The theme for tomorrow night’s game is a white out.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Mu Alpha Theta will practice for the Ben Franklin Tournament today during the second half of lunch in Room 227.
- There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in taking driver’s ed this fall today during the second half of lunch in Room 229. See Coach Roule for more information.
- The Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 313.
- The 9th grade football team will play at Rummel this afternoon starting at 4:00.
The swimming team will compete in the Cancer Awareness Meet at UNO on Saturday morning starting at 10:30.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the Allstate Sugar Bowl Invitational on Saturday morning in City Park starting at 10:00. The junior high race begins at 9:00, while the JV runs at 11:00.
- Halloween Movie Night will take place next weekend on Saturday, Oct. 20, @ 6:30 PM in the Auditorium. All students and their friends are invited to take part in this free event.
- An admission representative from Johns Hopkins University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Blue Jay Spirit — Have you got it?
- On Wednesday, the 8th grade football team defeated Rummel 30-20. Gates Barre’ ran for two touchdowns and Anthony Scarpino threw for two touchdowns, one to Aiden Carbello and one to Nick Jacobs.
- The Beach Volleyball Squad swept Holy Cross in their second straight meeting. Our quads team made up of Joseph Rosales, Odie Aucoin, Kohlmann Moore and Nick Anding won three straight games. Our winning doubles teams were made up of Michael Curlee, Jack Battaglia, Nathan Hannan, Ben Waguespack, Andrew Burger and Wilson Buhrer.