Announcements for Thursday September 27, 2018
Today is Thursday, September 27, 2018
Regular Order, Day 3
- Teachers, please have a student empty the recycling bins located in the classrooms.
- It’s Rivalry Week and that means Friday will see the 99th meeting of Jesuit and Holy Cross on the gridiron. Get ready for the event by purchasing your Game Day T-shirt in the Student Commons before school and at lunch each day this week. Regular sizes are $10 and larger sizes are $15. Friday will be a rivalry shirt day. Wear your rivalry t-shirt on Friday in place of your school shirt.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 99th meeting of the Great American Rivalry Series game on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard today through Friday from 7:30-3:30 and in the student commons during lunch on Friday. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students (Non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Purchase your tickets early to avoid the lengthy lines at the gate. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate.
- Today during the lunch period representatives of the Great American Rivalry will be in the courtyard to conduct the chin-up challenge as part of the Rivalry events. They will be at Holy Cross on Friday doing the same thing. The school with the most chin-ups is announced during the game. The Jays won last year. Bring home the prize again this year by stopping by the courtyard tomorrow and get some reps in.
- Elections for Senior Homecoming Court will be available on CANVAS today. Only Seniors can vote.
- Students interested in intramural golf should attend a meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210. New members are welcome.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Foosball Club and the Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Dunkirk. New members are welcome.
- The Programming Club will meet today after school in Room 403. New members are welcome.
The varsity cross country team will compete in the Newman Invitational at Audubon Park this afternoon starting at 5:45. The junior high race begins at 4:30.
The swimming team will face Mandeville and St. Paul’s this afternoon at Franco’s starting at 3:15.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will host its first speaker, Mr. Carl Tholen (an Ochsner executive), to give a presentation on prospective healthcare careers ranging from technicians to surgeons tomorrow during lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Students will be allowed to eat in St. Ignatius Hall. The presentation will begin 10 minutes into the lunch period. All are welcome.
- Interested students are invited to the first meeting of the Service and Social Justice League tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 132. If you can not make the meeting but would like more information about the club, please see Mr. McCabe or Ms. Roberts.
Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadline dates between October 16thand November 15th are due on Monday, October 1st. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
All sophomores, juniors and seniors and their parents are invited to attend Jesuit’s College Fair on Monday, October 1st from 6-8 pm in the Commons and first floor classrooms. A preliminary list of the 80+ colleges attending can be found in Canvas and on the Jesuit website.
- Admission representatives from Mississippi College and University of Rochester will be available today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Appropriate attire is required at all Jesuit functions.
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1 – 803 vs. 804, referees: Roland Waguespack & Colin Decker
- Field 2 – 805 vs. 806, referees: Caleb St. Pierre & Lucas Roise
- Field 3 – 905 vs. 908, referees: Matthew Moore & Charles Korndorffer
- Field 4 – 1202 vs. 1207, referees: Michael Buisson & John Cashen