Announcements for Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Today is Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Regular Order, Day 5
- It’s Rivalry Week and that means Friday will see the 99th meeting of Jesuit and Holy Cross on the gridiron. Get ready for the event by purchasing your Game Day T-shirt in the Student Commons before school and at lunch each day this week. Regular sizes are $10 and larger sizes are $15. Friday will be a rivalry shirt day. Wear your rivalry t-shirt on Friday in place of your school shirt.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 99th meeting of the Great American Rivalry Series game on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard Tuesday through Friday from 7:30-3:30 and in the student commons during lunch on Friday. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students (Non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Purchase your tickets early to avoid the lengthy lines at the gate. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate.
- American Rivalry Week continues today during lunch in the Commons. Pass by for some classic Apple pie as you cast your vote for America’s best fast food chain.
- This Wednesday during the lunch period representatives of the Great American Rivalry will be in the courtyard to conduct the chin-up challenge as part of the Rivalry events. They will be at Holy Cross on Thursday doing the same thing. The school with the most chin-ups is announced during the game. The Jays won last year. Bring home the prize again this year by stopping by the courtyard tomorrow and get some reps in.
- Elections for Senior Homecoming Court will be available on CANVAS from Tuesday through Thursday. Only Seniors can vote.
- The Star Wars Club will have its first meeting today during lunch in Room 230. New members are welcome. May the Force be with you.
- The Academic Games team will compete in the final rounds of Propaganda this afternoon at Brother Martin High School. Players are reminded to arrive by 4:00 for competition.
- The swimming team will face Holy Cross and Rummel this evening at UNO starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Spanish Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 322.
- All seniors are reminded to check CANVAS or the schedules posted in their homerooms for the date, time, and location of their service project reflection.
- Admission representatives from the University of Dallas and Columbia University will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: If you feel tempted to cheat – don’t.
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1 – 908 vs. 909, referees: Matthew K & William Pouyadou
- Field 2 – 1008 vs. 1009, referees: Jaques Gaudet & Brennan Walker
- Field 3 – 1101 vs. 1103, referees: Gannon Hyer & Carlo Barrera
- Field 4 – 1204 vs. 1208, referees: Robert Buisson & Jacob Kieff