Announcements for Monday, September 17, 2018
Today is Monday, September 17, 2018
Regular Order, Day 4
- The art club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 203. New members are welcome.
- The Fencing Club will hold its first meeting today in during lunch in Room 228.
- Students in all grade levels who are interested in learning more about Student 2 Student, a peer support group for students dealing with issues such as stress, grief, loss, and family issues, are welcome to attend an organizational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 329. See Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today and Thursday during the second half of lunch outside Room 329.
- The sailing club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 203. New members are welcome.
- Students interested in participating in the YMCA Model UN Conference are reminded to turn in their registration forms by Thursday to Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office, Room 205.
- Completed forms for 8th Grade President must be turned in today by the end of lunch to the Student Council or Guidance Office.
- Any 9th or 10th grader interested in trying out for the freshman and JV basketball teams must attend a meeting tomorrow at the start of lunch in the gym. Please be prompt, the meeting will be short.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have an Oct. 15 deadline are due to the Guidance Office by the end of the day today.
- College application workshops will be held on Tuesday and Thursday of this week both before and after school. College counselors will be available from 7-7:45 before school and from 3-3:45 after school on both days in CL-3. Stop by with any questions you may have.
- Top’s tip of the day: Being a man for others should be a priority for all of us.
- Congratulations to the Varsity football team as they went on the road to Baton Rouge to defeat the Central Wildcats 35-19. Rob McMahon rushed for a touchdown and threw for two more while Brayton Whittington had two rushing touchdowns to lead the offense. Defensively, linebacker Matthew Sauviac lead the Jays in tackles with seven and Vincent Loguidice caused a fumble as the defense forced three turnovers.
- Please congratulate members of the Jesuit cross country team who went to Los Angeles for a meet on Saturday night. The Jays were led by a solid performance from Sophomore Jack Wallace followed by a pair of Juniors Luke LaCour and Brandon Hall. Finishing off the scoring for the Jays was Senior Harrison LeBlanc and Junior Cameron Cancienne. The rest of the team, Freshman Morgan Hebert, Sophomore Patrick Lavie, and Senior Scott McKeough finished on the heels of the top five runners.