Announcements for Friday, September 14, 2018
Today is Friday, September 14, 2018
Regular Order, Day 5
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin ten minutes before the end of lunch.
- Today is the last day to pick up used book sale money in the Principal’s Office, Room 235.
- All Sodalists should go to the 3rd floor chapel at the beginning of lunch. Jambalaya will be served on the church steps after prayer.
- The Paintball Club has scheduled its first outing on Saturday, Oct. 6. All are welcome and no experience needed. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with any questions and to pick up forms.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210. Students in all grade levels are welcome to attend.
- All tennis players seeking information about this year’s tryout process for the JV and Varsity team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 219.
- The Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 313.
- TheThe Spanish Honor Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 326.
Blue Jay newspaper will hold a staff meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 408. Anyone interested in joining the newspaper as a writer or photographer is invited to attend. Assignments for the next issue will be given.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is a newly formed organization for students interested in any healthcare career. JMS will hold an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 329 and will also meet today immediately after school in Room 329 for those who wish to join the HOSA Future Health Professionals organization.
- The varsity football team will play at Central in Baton Rouge tonight with kickoff set for 7:00. $6.00 Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the switchboard today until 1:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be honored at the gate.
The Jesuit lacrosse program will hold its parent meeting this evening at 6PM in the Commons. Anyone interested in playing lacrosse this school year must have a parent or guardian attend this meeting.
- The Disc Golf Club will play on Saturday at 2:00 in City Park. New members are welcome. See Mr. Wyss for more information.
The JV football team will host Rummel on Saturday at John Ryan Stadium on Saturday starting at 10:00.
- The JV and junior high cross country teams will compete in the Loyola Invitational on Saturday in City Park. The JV race begins at 10:30, while the junior high race starts at 11:00.
The varsity cross country team will compete in the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic in Corona, CA, on Saturday night.
Students in all grade levels who are interested in learning more about Student 2 Student, a peer support group for students dealing with issues such as stress, grief, loss, and family issues, are welcome to attend an organizational meeting Monday during the second half of lunch in Room 329. See Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have an Oct. 15 deadline are due on Monday, Sept. 17. Please see your college counselor with any questions you may have about this.
- Seniors who did not attend College Night and still haven’t picked up their information packets from the Guidance Office need to do so by the end of the day today.
- An admissions representative for Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: If you don’t know what Blue Jay Spirit is about – ask a senior.