Announcements for Thursday, August 23, 2018
Today is Thursday, August 23, 2018
Regular Order, Day 5
- Teachers, please have a student empty the recycling bins into the large hallway bins.
All Prefreshmen are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of lunch today. You are to enter using the Solomon Street entrance.
- Used booksale money will be distributed daily this week at the switchboard or the principal’s office.
- National Honor Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion will have a brief meeting today during the second half of lunch in room 224.
- The Jesuit Medical Society Executive Board will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The varsity football team will face Hahnville in the Hahnville Jamboree tonight with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. The JV portion of the jamboree will begin at 5:30. Tickets will be on sale at the switchboard today from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Both pre-sale tickets and tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each for adults, students, and children.
- All returning members of the varsity tennis team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 219.
- The Big Brother-Little Brother Lunch is tomorrow in the Commons. Big Brothers should meet their Little Brothers in the courtyard at the beginning of lunch on Friday and then proceed together into the Commons for a jambalaya lunch.
- The Back to School Dance will be held tomorrow from 7-10 pm in the Bird Cage! Admission is $10 at the door.
- After school free tutoring for 8th and 9th graders will begin on Monday, August 27 at 3:15-4:15 and run Mondays through Thursdays. Check the flyers in you homeroom and around campus for details of subjects and days.
- All seniors are reminded to check CANVAS and complete their first service project assignment. It’s due by the end of the day.
- Seniors: If you are interested in applying for one of the nomination scholarships for Davidson, University of Florida, UNC Charlotte, U of Virginia, or Villanova, your application is due by Tuesday, September 4 in Room 244. The application is available in your College Counseling module on Canvas. If you have questions, see your counselor.
- Seniors interested in a paid internship at a local law firm should see Ms. Roberts for more information.
- Top’s tip of the day: It’s your book bag be responsible for it. Do not leave it unattended.