Announcements for Wednesday, August 22, 2018
Today is Wednesday, August 22, 2018
Regular Order, Day 6
- All Sophomores are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of lunch today. You are to enter using the Solomon Street entrance. All Freshmen are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of second half of lunch today. You are to enter using the side entrance. Freshmen do not bring your book bags.
- Used booksale money will be distributed daily this week at the switchboard or the principal’s office.
- Students interested in becoming a Student Council Homeroom Representative should be prepared to take part in homeroom elections. Homeroom teachers will be given election instructions this week.
There will be a jambalaya lunch for all MCJROTC cadets today during the first half of lunch on the Chapel steps.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors will meet in Room 228. Juniors will meet in Room 231. Sophomores will meet in Room 227. Freshman sodality will not meet today.
- All 2018 lettermen in baseball, bowling, golf, tennis, and track and field should pick up their lettermen jackets, patches, and stripes on today during lunch in the hallway outside of Room 133.
- National Honor Society will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Jesuit Medical Society Executive Board will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 403.
- The varsity football team will face Hahnville in the Hahnville Jamboree on tomorrow night with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. The JV portion of the jamboree will begin at 5:30. Tickets will be on sale at the switchboard today from 7:30 a.m. -3:30 p.m. and tomorrow from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Both pre-sale tickets and tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each for adults, students, and children.
- The Big Brother-Little Brother Lunch is this Friday in the Commons. Big Brothers should meet their Little Brothers in the courtyard at the beginning of lunch on Friday and then proceed together into the Commons for a jambalaya lunch.
- The Back to School Dance will be held this Friday from 7-10 pm in the Bird Cage! Admission is $10 at the door.
- After school free tutoring for 8th and 9th graders will begin on Monday, August 27 at 3:15-4:15 and run Mondays through Thursdays. Check the flyers in you homeroom and around campus for details of subjects and days.
- National Honor Society is seeking volunteers to assist with Mini-Schedule Night this evening. Please see Mrs. Tassin in Room 317 for more information. Newly invited NHS members can participate. Members can earn service hours for this event.
- All seniors are reminded to check CANVAS and complete their first service project assignment. It’s due tomorrow.
- Seniors interested in a paid internship at a local law firm should see Ms. Roberts for more information.
- Top’s tip of the day: Jewelry, such as neck chains, earrings, wrist bands, etc are not acceptable at school or at any school function.