Announcements for Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Today is Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Regular Order, Day 7
- All Juniors are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of lunch today. You are to enter using the Solomon Street entrance. All Seniors are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of second half of lunch today. You are to enter using the side entrance. Seniors do not bring you book bags.
- Students interested in becoming a Student Council Homeroom Representative should be prepared to take part in homeroom elections. Homeroom teachers will be given election instructions this week.
- All students who wish to learn more about the Marine Corps JROTC Program should meet today during the first half of lunch Room 110.
- Any 8th and 9th grade students interested in running cross country should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 214.
- Students interested in joining the choir should meet tomorrow at 7:15 a.m. in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs.
- All 2018 lettermen in baseball, bowling, golf, tennis, and track and field should pick up their lettermen jackets, patches, and stripes on tomorrow during lunch in the hallway outside of Room 133.
- The varsity football team will face Hahnville in the Hahnville Jamboree on Thursday night with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. The JV portion of the jamboree will begin at 5:30. Tickets will be on sale at the switchboard on Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. -3:30 p.m. and from 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Thursday. Both pre-sale tickets and tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each for adults, students, and children.
- The Back to School Dance will be held this Friday from 7-10 pm in the Bird Cage! Admission is $10 at the door.
- National Honor Society is seeking volunteers to assist with Mini-Schedule Night tomorrow evening. Please see Mrs. Tassin in Room 317 for more information. Newly invited NHS members can participate. Members can earn service hours for this event.
- Any students interested in tutoring at St. John Lutheran School on Canal Street should see Mr. Murphy in the Campus Ministry Office for more information.
- All seniors are reminded to check CANVAS and complete their first service project assignment. It’s due by Thursday.
- Top’s tip of the day: Stay to the right when walking in the halls and on the stairs.