Soccer Homecoming on Jan. 7 to Honor Former Players
It’s time to celebrate Blue Jay Soccer. A big part of that celebration is connecting with the Jesuit team of 2016-2017 while remembering and honoring those Blue Jay soccer players who are the foundation of today’s program.
You and your family, including your parents, are invited to the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming on Jan. 7, 2017. This year’s program features the recognition of the 1987, 2002, and 2007 state championship teams. Respectively, the teams are celebrating the 30th, 15th, and 10th anniversaries of their achievements. This year’s homecoming celebration features a lunch reception, a “soccer” gift for each soccer alumnus, plenty of Blue Jay Spirit, and a chance to cheer on this year’s soccer Jays as they take on Catholic High of Baton Rouge, always a contender for the state title.
The soccer celebration will unfold as follows:
- 11:45 a.m. – Soccer alumni, their families, including those who cheered them on when they played – their parents – and the 2017 Jesuit team and their families meet in Pontiff Pavilion at John Ryan Stadium for lunch, compliments of Jesuit’s advancement office and the parents of today’s players.
- 12:30 p.m. – AD Dave Moreau, alumni director Mat Grau, and soccer alumni rep Carlos Calix ’92 briefly address the guests.
- 12:40 p.m. – Soccer alumni make their way to Alumni Field for the pre-game ceremony.
- 12:45 p.m. – The 2017 soccer team reenters the field for a pre-game ceremony honoring the 1987, 2002, and 2007 state championship teams.
- 1 p.m. – Kickoff begins the game between the Blue Jays and the Bears.
- Halftime – The children of soccer alumni are invited onto Alumni Field to kick the old soccer ball around just as Dad did during his time wearing the Blue and White.
Tickets will be available when you enter at 11:45 p.m.: $6 for adults, $3 for children (6-12 years of age), free for children under 6.
So plan on celebrating Blue Jay soccer at the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming on Jan. 7, 2017, at John Ryan Stadium. Please pass the word to other alumni (and their parents) of the Jesuit soccer program.
For more information, contact one of these representatives:
|Carlos Calix, ’92 (Soccer Alumni Rep)||(504) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bonnie Hatrel (Current Parents Rep)||(504) email@example.com|
|Anne Barnes (Co-Soccer Alumni Parents Rep)||(504) 458-8444||BarnesEngineering@cox.net|
|Charlie Freel (Co-Soccer Alumni Parents Rep)||(504) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pete Lozowski (Co-Soccer Alumni Parents Rep)||(504) email@example.com|
|Stephen Thurber ’87 (Team Captain)||(504) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Touchy ’02 (Team Co-Captain)||(504) email@example.com|
|Daniel Barbara ’02 (Team Co-Captain)||(504) 224-0246||Dbarb504@gmail.com|
|Stephen Duncan ’07 (Team Co-Captain)||(504) firstname.lastname@example.org|