Oath of Office Administered to Student Council Executive Board
The executive board of Jesuit’s 2016-17 Student Council was sworn into office during Friday’s Morning Assembly.
The students campaigned and were elected to office at the end of the last school year.
The Constitution of the Student Council outlines the responsibilities of members of the executive board:
- To serve as a unifying agency in support of all school activities;
- To foster in the students the ideals of Jesuit High School and to inspire the highest type of school spirit;
- To provide a means of creating better fellowship and understanding between faculty and students and among the students themselves;
- To provide a greater opportunity for self-government and experience in democratic practices by affording a realistic representation of the views of the student body;
- To foster ideals of Christian leadership through a spirit of service to the student body and the larger community.
Jesuit president Fr. Anthony McGinn, S.J. ’66 first administered the oath to senior William Fine, who is president of the council. Fine then administered the oath to his fellow council members: senior Guy Cresson (vice president), junior Eddie Redmann (treasurer), junior Leo John Arnett (secretary), Jacob Marshall (senior class president), Henry McAloon (junior class president), senior executive aids Jandon Briscoe, Karl Hoefer, and Andrew Stahl.
Upon raising their right hand, each executive board member recited the oath: “I… affirm that I will faithfully executive my office on the Jesuit Student Council, and I will, to the best of my ability, act as a positive example in all that I do, foster Blue Jay spirit in our community, preserve the Student Council Constitution, and live up to the ideals and norms of Jesuit High School.”
Mr. Justin Genovese ’04 and Ms. Khanh Nguyen serve as co-moderators of the Student Council.