Lacrosse Dishes Out Baker’s Dozen In Nixing Northshore

Posted March 3, 2016 / Last updated March 4, 2016

Print Print Email Email Share Share
Junior attacker Briggs Lucia launches a shot.  Lucia led the team in scoring with three goals in the game.

Senior Kyle Westholz launches a shot.

Thirteen members of the Jesuit lacrosse team scored goals as the Blue Jays whipped Northshore, 18-6. The game was played on Wednesday, March 2, at Muss Bertolino Stadium in Kenner.

Junior Briggs Lucia found the back of the net three times, while seniors Max Murret and Kyle Westholz and junior Noah Martin each put in a pair. Seniors Josh Cvitanovich, Dominic Sunseri, and Jeremy Scheffler scored single goals, as did juniors Jack Cronvich, Daniel Leithman, Parker Simoneaux, and Michael Smart. Sophomores Aiden Roberts and William Simon also scored for the Jays. Smart led the Jays with three assists.

Senior Sammy Martin scooped up six ground balls. His brother, Noah, Sunseri, Lucia, and sophomore Peyton Queyrouze had four groundballs apiece.

Senior goalie Rob Hinyub saved three shots in a little more than three quarters. Junior Grant Stevens finished the game in net.

Jesuit scored on six of eight man-up opportunities (75 percent). They limited their opponent to just two scores in eight advantage chances (25 percent).

The Blue Jays won 18 of 24 face-offs. All but one of them were handled by junior Bennett Faust.

The Jays opened district competition on Saturday, Feb. 27, by edging crosstown rival Brother Martin, 9-7.

Jesuit returns to Muss Bertolino on Saturday, March 5, against the Gryphons of St. George’s (Collierville, Tennessee). The opening face-off is scheduled for 1 p.m.

Photos by Bryant Faust.