Announcements for Friday, January 24, 2020
Today is Friday, January 24, 2020
Regular Order, Day 4
- The 12th Annual Senior-Directed One Act Play Festival continues tonight and tomorrow night at 7:30. This year’s festival features four shows directed by Jesuit seniors Carlo Barrera, Ronnie Bergeron, Ryan Castellon, and Joseph Ditta. Admission is $5 or 5 canned goods. All proceeds will go directly to Second Harvest Food Bank.
- The Astronomy Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 319.
- Any student interested in trying out for the varsity and JV baseball teams should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Debate Team will have practice today after school in Room 116.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Titan Invitational at Lakeshore High School on Saturday starting at 9:30 a.m.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Rummel tonight with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Brother Martin on Saturday afternoon starting at 2:00.
- The 8th grade basketball team will face Holy Cross on Saturday at 10:00 followed by a game vs. St. Augustine at 12:00 with both games being played at Shaw.
- The 8th grade soccer team will compete in the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday.
- Mu Alpha Theta students interested in attending the Brother Martin Tournament on Saturday, Feb. 15 should sign up on the bulletin board outside of Room 328. If you have not yet attended a competition this year, this is your last chance before State Convention.
- The Varsity soccer team defeated Holy Cross with a dominating 3-0 performance. Senior Gabe Gordon opened the scoring with another free kick while Senior Davis Laibe and Junior Trevor Reichmann added the other goals. The back line and Sophomore Mason Baglio once again displayed an impressive performance to keep the clean sheet.
- The Varsity soccer team continued its undefeated run in district play with a 2-0 win over East Jefferson. Senior Connor Quaglino opened up the goal scoring for the Blue Jays while Sophomore Matthew Busenlener finished the second.
- On Friday night, the basketball team defeated Shaw 51 – 48 in overtime. Kyle Haupt hit a 3 pointer as time expired in regulation to tie the game. Kyle scored 10 points. Matthew Knight hit 4 crucial free throws in overtime, including the game winners in the last seconds of the game. Adrien Foley gave valuable minutes in picking up 2 charges defensively. Christopher Gillen led all scorers with 15 and Jack Lo scored 14. Luke LaForge pulled down 8 rebounds along with having 4 assists.