Announcements for Thursday, November 14, 2019
Today is Thursday, November 14, 2019
Regular Order, Day 4
- Homeroom Teachers, Please have a student empty the blue recycling bins into the green bins in the hall.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- Students participating in the Tulane Model UN Conference will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in room 228.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- Spanish Club will meet today after school in the Commons for Latin cooking. Come learn to cook some authentic Honduran food!
- The varsity football team will host Archbishop Shaw in the first round of the state playoffs tonight at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard until 3:45 today. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA playoff contests.
- The varsity basketball team will face University High in the LHSAA Hall of Fame Game tonight at St. Paul’s with tip off set for 6:15.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents its fall production of You Can’t Take It With You, which will run tonight at 6:30, Friday night at 7:30, and Saturday night at 7:30 in the Auditorium.
- Balfour will be on campus tomorrow during lunch in the Commons to take orders for senior rings.
- All tennis players interested in trying out for this year’s tennis team should meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 221. Please see Coach Smith for more information.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- Psychology Club members who ordered a t-shirt must pick up their shirt from Ms. Daigle’s office (rm 244) by Monday.
- Tryouts for the Varsity Bowling Team will take place on Monday, Nov. 18 and Wednesday, Nov. 20 from 3:45-5pm at AMF All-Star Lanes in Kenner. All are welcome to tryout. Please see Mr. McCabe if you have any questions or concerns.
- Juniors: If you are interested in competing for the Carson Scholarship worth $1,000, submit the application available in your College Counseling class in Canvas by 3:30 PM on Monday, November 18 to Guidance. Competitive applicants should have at least a 4.3 GPA and be extensively engaged in service.
- An admission representative from University of Dallas will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Inappropriate language is not acceptable at any time.