Announcements for Wednesday, October 8, 2019
Today is Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Mass Day Order, Day 1
- The varsity football team will host St. Augustine on Saturday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 for children. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale Wednesday through Friday at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 and in the student commons on Friday during lunch and on Thursday evening at John Ryan Stadium from 5:00-7:00 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. If you don’t have your student ID, you must pay at the gate to enter.
- The Anime Club will meet today in Room 117 to watch the second episode of the series “Erased.”
- The Classics society will be available for Greek and Latin tutoring today during lunch in Room 413.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
Any 8th graders interested in trying out for the basketball team should attend an informational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 212. See Mr. Murphy in the Campus Ministry Office (Room 225) if you can’t attend.
All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Sophomores will meet in the 2nd floor chapel. Juniors will meet in 231; freshmen will meet in 224.
- 9th and JV basketball tryouts will begin on Friday Oct 18th after the second exam. You must have all athletic forms turned into the athletic directors office in order to participate in tryouts. See Coach Hernandez or Coach Jennings with any questions.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays will meet today after school in Room 202.
- The Chess Club will meet today after school in Room 332.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- Any student interested in attending the Archdiocese of New Orleans World Youth Day should pick up a registration form from the Campus Ministry Office, Room 225. Forms are due Friday, October 15. See Mr. Flores with any questions.
Seniors, college application workshops are this week. College counselors will be available in CL-3 on Thursday from 7-7:45 before school and from 3-3:45 after school. Stop by with any questions you may have.
Admission representatives from Spring Hill College and Savannah College of Art and Design will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Moving to Mass in silence allows one to prepare himself for Mass.