Announcements for Thursday, September 12, 2019
Today is Thursday, September 12, 2019
Regular Order, Day 6
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day in support of the football team as they travel to St. Paul’s. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt; or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- 8th Graders interested in running for Class President should pick up a form in homeroom today or outside the Student Council Office (Room 113). Forms require parent and faculty signatures and are due this Friday. Elections will take place on Canvas starting at lunch next Monday.
- Homecoming Court Nomination forms can be found outside the Student Council Office. Completed forms and picture submission are due next Wednesday. The homecoming court is open to 9th-12th grade couples.
- All new members of the National Honor Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The newly formed Badminton Club will hold an organizational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 316. Anyone interested in joining the club is welcome.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Commons by the bookstore.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in Joining Peer Support should report for a meeting today during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. New members are welcome.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214. New members are welcome.
- The Investment Club will hold an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will hold its first meeting of the school year today during the second half of lunch in Room 403. Any student interested in joining should attend.
- The Green Club will meet after school today in Room 120. New members are welcome.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch this year’s featured actor, Nicolas Cage, in Raising Arizona.
- The 8th grade football team will open its season this afternoon hosting Brother Martin at John Ryan starting at 4:00.
- The 9th grade football team will face De La Salle this afternoon at Jefferson Playground starting at 6:00.
- The newly formed Field Games Club – playing games such as Spikeball, gaga ball, and corn hole – will meet tomorrow during lunch on Will Clark field. Any students interested should come out and play.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in attending the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice in Washington, D.C. this year should meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 304.
- Politics and Pastries will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 323. New members are welcome.
- The varsity football team will play at St. Paul’s on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students and children. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on Thursday and Friday in the Commons during lunch and on Thursday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium from 3:30-5:30 p.m. If you plan to attend the game, please purchase pre-sale tickets as Jesuit retains all ticket revenue. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00.
- Seniors who are applying to schools with an Oct. 15 application deadline must turn in their Counseling Request Forms and applicable fees to the Guidance Office by the end of the day Monday.
- Admission representatives from Tulane University in New Orleans and Sarah Lawrence College in The Bronx, New York will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- All intramural dodgeball teams will meet today during the first half of lunch in the third floor of the Roussell building.
- Top’s tip of the day: Appropriate attire is required at all Jesuit functions.