Announcements for Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Today is Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 7
- 8th Graders interested in running for Class President should pick up a form in homeroom today or outside the Student Council Office (Room 113). Forms require parent and faculty signatures and are due this Friday. Elections will take place on Canvas starting at lunch next Monday.
- Homecoming Court Nomination forms can be found outside the Student Council Office. Completed forms and picture submission are due next Wednesday. The homecoming court is open to 9th-12th grade couples.
- Anyone interested in joining the newly formed Music Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 202.
- Any 9th or 10th graders interested in playing basketball this year must meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 212.
- The Rugby Team will hold an informational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Any new and returning members should attend.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Juniors will meet in the chapel. All other levels will meet in their customary rooms.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210. Nominations will be taken for officer positions at this meeting.
- Students interested in joining the Biotechnology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 317. See Mrs. Tassin if you have questions.
- All Pre-Freshmen and Freshmen interested in participating in math competitions during this school year should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330. See Mrs. Merritt for any questions.
- Spanish Club will meet today after school in Room 320. New members and new ideas are welcome.
- The Ping Pong Club will play for the first time today after school outside Room 407. All students are welcome.
- What did Humphrey Bogart say to Ingrid Bergman during their Chess match? Here’s rooking at you, kid. For other interesting movie Chess facts, please attend today’s Chess Club meeting at 3:00 in Room 332. Prospective members are always welcome.
- All new members of the National Honor Society will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The newly formed Badminton Club will hold an organizational meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 316. Anyone interested in joining the club is welcome.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in Joining Peer Support should report for a meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316. New members are welcome.
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214. New members are welcome.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will hold its first meeting of the school year tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 403. Any student interested in joining should attend.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch this year’s featured actor, Nicolas Cage, in Raising Arizona.
- The varsity football team will play at St. Paul’s on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students and children. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on Thursday and Friday in the Commons during lunch and on Thursday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium from 3:30-5:30 p.m. If you plan to attend the game, please purchase pre-sale tickets as Jesuit retains all ticket revenue. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day in support of the football as they travel to St. Paul’s. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt; or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Seniors are reminded that their service project essays and evaluations are due today by the end of the day. See Canvas for details.
- Admission representatives from Northeastern University in Boston and Xavier University in New Orleans will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- The intramural dodgeball team meeting has been moved to tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the third floor of the Roussell building.
- Top’s tip of the day: Each day we make choices…make the right ones today.