Announcements for Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Today is Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
All Sophomores are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of lunch today. You are to enter using the Solomon Street entrance.
All Freshman are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of the second half of lunch today. You are to enter using the side entrance. Freshmen do not bring your book bags.
- 9th-12th Grade Students interested in becoming a Student Council Homeroom Representative should be prepared to take part in homeroom elections tomorrow. Homeroom teachers will be given election instructions. 8th Grade Homerooms will elect their representatives in September.
The Back to School Dance will be held this Saturday from 7-10 pm in Benson Arena. Admission is $10 at the door.
- The bookstore will be open everyday this week from 6:45 to 7:45 am, during 10 minute break, both halves of lunch, and after school until 4:30. Students who did not attend book days should be in line at 6:45 or wait until after school to go to the bookstore to complete their registration, get textbooks, and pay fees.
- Any 8th or 9th grade students interested in running cross country should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Swim Team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. New swimmers welcome.
- The choir will rehearse tomorrow at 7:15 a.m. in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs. New members are welcome.
- Student Ministry will meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall. Seniors and Juniors interested in joining Student Ministry are invited to attend. See Mr. Flores or Fr. Dyer with any questions.
All returning members of the National Honor Society must accept the invitation to the NHS Canvas page in order to participate in this year’s activities. The deadline for accepting this invitation is Friday, August 23. All National Honor Society applications are due the following Friday, August 30. Please submit applications to Mr. Ferguson in Room 218 or Mr. Chapoton in Room 414.
- Seniors and Juniors interested in reading at Mass should sign up this week outside of the Campus Ministry Office.
- Seniors interested in leading a Kairos retreat this year should pick up an application from the Campus Ministry Office, Room 225. Applications are due Friday, August 23. See Mr. Flores if you have any questions.
- All seniors must update Mr. Murphy on their service project by the end of the day Thursday. See Canvas for the update form.
- Top’s tip of the day: Stay to the right when walking in the halls and on the stairs.