Announcements for Monday, April 1, 2019
Today is Monday, April 1, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- All pre-freshmen are to report to the auditorium today at the beginning of lunch.
Student Council Executive Board elections will take place this week. Speeches will be held tomorrow morning in the auditorium and the election will take place on CANVAS soon after. More details to come. This year’s candidates are:
President: Effy Marks and Carter Montalbano
Vice President: Chris Charles and Chris Favalora
Secretary: Carlo Barrera and Clark Romig
Treasurer: John Gunaldo and Hunter Richardson
- The Philelectic Society’s production of Into the Woods opens this Thursday at 6:30. Journey into the woods with Narrator Dowen Fife and see what truly happens when fairy tale characters get their happily ever after. Tickets are available on the Jesuit website and in the Phils’ office, Room 201.
- The Polish Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 224.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- Mu Alpha Theta members attending State Convention will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 332 for a brief informational meeting about convention. Please speak with Mrs. Brauner or Mrs. Leger if you cannot attend.
- Big Brother sign-up starts today in the Commons.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 239.
The varsity baseball team will face John Curtis at Mike Miley tonight with first pitch set for 7:00.
The 9th grade baseball team will play at Chalmette this afternoon starting at 4:30. The JV game follows at 6:15.
The 8th grade baseball team will play at Rummel this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- Students and faculty interested in donating blood next Monday, April 8, can sign up today during lunch in the Commons. See Mrs. Tassin for more information. You can sign up to donate all this week.
- Today is the last day to submit AP registration forms and payment. Please drop applicable documents off in the guidance by 3:30 today.
- Juniors – Reminder that your college forms, resume and questionnaire are due next Monday. Replacement documents can be found in your College Counseling course in Canvas.
- An admission representative from University of Houston will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: The way you wear you uniform is a definite indication on what type of person you are.
- This past weekend, 17 Jesuit anglers competed in the 72nd annual City Park Big Bass Rodeo. The 8th grade team of Chance Latham, William Carpenter, Joshua Pettus, and Colin Torrance placed 3rd in the high school division. Chance Latham hooked the top 2 fish for his team. Tenth grader Win Schibler and ninth graders Joseph Finger, Trey Theriot and Gavin Fernandes all weighed-in fish for their teams. Congratulations to all Jesuit anglers!
- On Friday, the varsity baseball team defeated Warren Easton 6-2. Connor Sarrat was the winning pitcher. Seth Dardar and Brian Valigosky each had two hits. Dardar hit a 3-run double. On Saturday, the varsity baseball team beat De La Salle 8-6. Brennen Berggren was the winning pitcher and Chris Favalora had two hits.
- The Junior Varsity Baseball team defeated Riverdale 16-0 this past Friday. Luke Carlton and Matt Knight pitched a combined perfect game for the Blue-Jay-Vs, and Cameron DesRoches hit a grand slam to terminate the game.
- The Freshmen baseball team split a double header on Saturday, beating De La Salle 3-2 and being outscored by Brother Martin 2-1.
Last Friday night, the track team competed in the Newman Invitational Track Meet finishing 3rd just behind John Curtis and Edna Karr. Third Place finishers were: Perry Ganci in the shot put; Michael Fitzsimmons in the Pole Vault; and the 4×100 Relay team of Jon Blatcher, Kohlmann Moore, Vincent LoGuidice, and Devin Surcouf. First place finishers were: Aiden Devine in the Pole Vault; Jack Battaglia in the the Javelin; and Jacob Torres in the Long Jump, 110 and 300 Meter Hurdles. Jacob was voted the Track & Field MVP of the Meet.