Announcements for Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Today is Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Regular Order, Day 2
- The annual school-wide King Cake Party will take place tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Clubs, teams, and organizations that wish to participate should e-mail Mr. Orillion to reserve a table.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 228.
- There will be a talk for all Sodality levels today during the second half of lunch in Ignatius Hall. Fr. Fronk will speak on preparing for Lent.
- The JV baseball team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Students interested in running for next year’s Student Council Executive Board will meet tomorow during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- Green Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 311.
- Mu Alpha Theta and Chi Alpha Mu members interested in participating in the Brother Martin Tournament on Saturday, March 16 at Brother Martin may pick up permission slips outside of Room 328.
- Any Mu Alpha Theta members attending State Convention should turn in completed permission forms with payment to Room 328 no later than Thursday, Feb. 28. Email Mrs. Brauner with any questions.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Grooming standards must be met at all time. We will be checking tomorrow.
- Today’s Black History Month fact of the day, brought to you by the St. Peter Claver Club: Leah and her husband Dooky Chase turned an Orleans Avenue sandwich shop into a thriving sit-down restaurant that’s been in business since 1946. Though Dooky Chase has passed away, Leah, the restaurant’s 96-year-old executive chef, still runs the show at this iconic restaurant. Civil Rights Movement leaders including Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahalia Jackson, Thurgood Marshall, and James Baldwin used to meet in secret in the restaurant’s upper room to strategize. In recent years, presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama both dined there while in town.