Announcements for Thursday, February 14, 2019
Today is Thursday, February 14, 2019
Regular Order, Day 4
- Tomorrow we have an assembly order #2 with guidance department assemblies after 4th period. 11th and 12th graders will report to the auditorium after 4th period for a mock trial, a follow-up event from last year’s mock car crash. 8th, 9th, and 10th graders will report to the gym for a presentation on internet safety by Assistant U.S. Attorney, Brian Klebba. Please see Mrs. Favalora or Mr. Maffei in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- The Calliope deadline is fast approaching! Send your poems, stories, essays, photographs, and visual art to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes by Friday at 3:00.
- The Cycling Club will meet today at the beginning of lunch in the yard.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet during the second half of lunch today in Room 210. New members welcome.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Cool Hand Luke.
- Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The bowling team will face Brother Martin this afternoon at Colonial Lanes starting at 3:20.
- All students traveling to the bowling match via the Spirit Bus need to meet immediately after school outside Room 114. The bus will depart promptly at 3:05.
- The varsity baseball team will scrimmage at Hahnville this afternoon starting at 3:40.
- Forms and fees for 8th grade gym night are due today to Room 114. Students who plan to attend but do not have forms today should see Mr. Orillion at 10-minute break in Room 114.
- Model UN will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- Slam n Jam captains should check in today with Mr. Genovese during ten minute break or lunch in the Guidance Office to confirm your team’s status.
- The varsity soccer team will host Northshore in a state semifinal playoff contest on Saturday night at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00. Admission is $8.00 for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for Northshore and Jesuit students with ID and children (ages 6-11).
- Sophomores and juniors interested in learning more about Neuro Camp, a week-long camp at Loyola University in June for students interested in the field of the neuroscience, should see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: If you are aware of wrong doing and you do nothing about it you share in the responsibility.