Announcements for Thursday, November 8, 2018
Today is Thursday, November 8, 2018
Special Order, Day 3
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day in support of the Fall sports postseason play, including football play-offs this Saturday and next week’s Cross Country and Swimming state meets, as well as the Phils Fall musical, Shrek.
- Teachers, please have a student empty the classroom recycling bins.
- All PE classes will meet today in the Commons.
The Ultimate Frisbee club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 316.
The Pro-life club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- All members of this year’s JV tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 219.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The St. Peter Claver Club’s Lunchtime Speaker Series welcomes Innocence Project New Orleans staff attorney Kia Hall Hays today. Hays will begin speaking promptly at 12:35 in Room 210, with dismissal at 1:00 to allow students 20 minutes to eat lunch. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The varsity basketball team will face Slidell in an LHSAA Hall of Fame game tonight at St. Paul’s with tip off set for 8:20.
- The Philelectic Society’s production of Shrek the Musical opens tomorrow at 7:30 and continues Saturday at 2 and 7:30. Come journey through the Swamp with fairy tale creatures such as the Big Bad Wolf (sophomore Max Gibson) and the 3 Little Pigs (pre-freshman Christian Courtade, pre-freshman Kody Nguy, and freshman Cooper Sudderth). Tickets are available online at the Jesuit website and in the Phils office, Room 201.
- The varsity football team will host St. Paul’s in the opening round of the state playoffs on tomorrow night at Tad Gormely Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11) and are available for purchase at the switchboard today and tomorrow from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest.
- Next Tuesday, the US Army Adventure Semi (AS1) will be on campus for students. The AS1 is a tractor/trailer with a self-contained simulation system, including an Oculus Rift Virtual Reality System, a M4 Laser-Shot Simulator, an Apache Flight Simulator, and an interactive robotic arm simulator. Students interested in participating can fill out a permission form found here. Permission forms are required to participate. Forms can also be picked up outside Room 114.
- Seniors: The Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadline dates between November 16 and January 1 are due on Monday, November 12. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
- Any senior who ordered a water bottle can pick it up starting today during lunch in the Student Council Office, Room 113. There are extra water bottles for purchase for $10/bottle. See Langston Goldenberg for details.
- Top’s tip of the day: Copying homework is cheating.