2018 Soccer Homecoming on Jan. 6 Includes First-Ever Alumni Game!
It’s time to celebrate Blue Jay Soccer. A big part of that celebration is connecting with the Jesuit team of 2017-2018 while remembering and honoring those Blue Jay soccer players who are the foundation of today’s program.
You and your family are invited to the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming on Saturday, January 6, 2018. This year’s program features the recognition of the 2003 state championship team, celebrating the 15th anniversary of its achievement.
New this year will be a soccer alumni game to be played before the varsity contest. Former Blue Jay soccer players from various years will go at it on the Alumni Field pitch. (Paramedics, athletic trainers, and ambulances will be on the ready!) The game will be a 30 minute short-sided contest. To register to play, please fill out the form below by December 29. For questions, contact alumni soccer representative Carlos Calix ’92 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, the event features a lunch reception, a “soccer” gift for each soccer alumnus, plenty of Blue Jay Spirit, and a chance to cheer on this year’s soccer Jays as they take on the Mandeville Skippers.
The soccer celebration will unfold as follows:
- 11:00 a.m. – Alumni game participants arrive.
- 11:15 – 11:45 – Alumni Soccer Game
- 11:15 a.m. – Soccer alumni, their families, including those who cheered them on when they played – their parents, and the 2018 Jesuit team and their families meet in Pontiff Pavilion at John Ryan Stadium for lunch, compliments of Jesuit’s advancement office and the parents of today’s players.
- 12:40 p.m. – Coach Hubie Collins invites all soccer alumni (former player only, please) to the locker room to greet this year’s team.
- 12:45 p.m. – The players reenter the field for a pre-game ceremony honoring the 2003 state championship team.
- 1 p.m. – Kickoff begins the game between the Blue Jays and the Skippers.
- Halftime – The children of soccer alumni are invited onto Alumni Field to kick the old soccer ball around just as Dad did during his time wearing the Blue and White.
Tickets will be available when you enter at 11:00 p.m.: $5 for adults, $3 for children (6-12 years of age), free for children under 6.
So plan on celebrating Blue Jay soccer at the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming on January 6, 2018, at John Ryan Stadium. Please pass the word to other alumni (and their parents) of the Jesuit soccer program.
Please let us know if you and your family will be with us for the celebration. RSVP below!
For more information, contact:
- Carlos Calix ’92 at (504) 723-9263 / email@example.com (soccer alumni representative)
- Brandon Sanchez ’03, team co-captain, at (504) 481-5882 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Kleinschmidt ’03, team co-captain, at (504) 339-4398 / email@example.com
Registration is closed. For more information, contact Carlos Calix '92 at firstname.lastname@example.org.