Principal, Jesuit High School
Jesuit High School of New Orleans is accepting applications for the position of principal for the 2013-2014 academic year. The deadline for applying is Monday, December 17, 2012. Initial applications will be treated confidentially.
About the position:
The principal at Jesuit High School is the chief academic officer of the school and reports directly to the president. The principal has responsibility for planning and establishing policies, practices, and procedures that affect the school’s students and faculty, as well as its academic, athletics, and co-curricular programs.
The candidates must:
· Be practicing Roman Catholics in good standing with the Catholic Church.
· Be able to embody and advance the mission of the school as an apostolic work of the Society of Jesus.
· Have attained a post-baccalaureate degree.
Jesuit desires candidates for principal who have:
· Teaching experience at the level of secondary education.
· Administrative experience, preferably in secondary education.
· Demonstrated success in providing strong and dynamic leadership, preferably at the high school level.
· At least a broad understanding of the core principles of Jesuit education.
· The ability to motivate and inspire students and faculty.
· Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with students, parents, faculty, and staff.
· The ability to foster progress in all areas of school life while remaining faithful to the school’s mission, history, and tradition.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, along with their curriculum vitae, to Mr. Showalter Knight, Chairman of the Principal Search Committee at Jesuit High School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Jesuit High School:
Jesuit High School is a Catholic, college preparatory school located in New Orleans, Louisiana with an enrollment of approximately 1,380 students. Jesuit was founded in 1847 by the Society of Jesus, a religious order of men (the Jesuits) in the Roman Catholic Church. With an all-male student body, Jesuit High School attracts students from the greater New Orleans area with challenging academics, strong co-curricular programs, and solid formation for character and service. Jesuit is a member of the Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA) and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Mission of Jesuit High School:
The mission of Jesuit High School as a Catholic, college preparatory school is to develop in its students the competence, conscience, and compassion that will enable them to be men of faith and men for others.