Announcements for Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Today is Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Star Wars Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors and freshmen will meet in their normal rooms. Juniors will meet in the art room. Sophomores will meet in the chapel.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during second half of lunch in Room 210.
- All tennis players trying out for this year’s tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221, even those who attended the first meeting a few weeks ago, as more information will be given. Please see Mr. Smith for more information.
- The varsity basketball team will open play in the CYO Tourney this evening vs. Central Lafourche in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 6:00 p.m.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Modern Times.
- Biotechnology Club will meet tomorrow and next Thursday, Dec. 12, after school in Room 317. Sign up in Room 317 to participate. See Canvas for scheduled activities.
- Fall Sports Recognition Night will be held in the Auditorium on Thursday night. Arrival time for all cross country, football and swimming lettermen is 6:10. The event will begin promptly at 6:30. Attire is coat and tie.
- The Ochsner Flight Team has rescheduled their helicopter landing on Will Clark Field for this Friday at the start of lunch. Any student interested in interacting with the Flight Care Team must have a signed permission slip turned in to Mrs. Younger before the helicopter lands on Friday. Permission slips can be downloaded from the Jesuit Medical Society’s Canvas page or you can drop by Room 403 to pick one up.
- Monday we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Students are to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes and socks you may wear a suit if you wish. You must wear your coat and tie for homeroom and mass. During class you may take off your coat, but you must wear your tie properly and have your shirt tucked in the entire day.
- Christmas door decorations must be complete by next Wednesday (12/11). Stop by the Student Council office for Christmas gift wrap to decorate your homeroom’s door.
- Intramural football play-offs continue today. The brackets and schedule have been posted outside Room 114 and the first floor bulletin board near the bathrooms. The schedule can also be found below.
- Top’s tip of the day: Cell phones are to remain in lockers and not be used until you are out of building at the end of the day.
- On Monday the 8th grade basketball team opened its season with a 38-18 victory over Hannan. P.J. Varisco led the scoring with eight points. Noah Uransky pitched in five points, while Jude LaForge, Philip Lundgren, and Gus Laibe each scored four. Harry Treigle, Will Homes, and Ali Mohammad provided strong defense.