Announcements for Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Today is Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Regular Order, Day 6
- The Phils’ production of Into the Woods continues this week. In order to make up for our cancellation due to weather on 4/4, we will be adding a performance this Thursday night at 6:30. Advanced Tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults.
- Class Level President nomination forms may be picked up outside of Student Council Office, Room 113, or from Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office. Completed forms are due Thursday.
- The Homeroom Tug-a-War Contest will continue today during the second half of lunch in the Courtyard with the freshman class. Tomorrow the sophomores will compete.
- Intramural golf will continue today at City Park. Anyone interested in playing should see Mr. Bairnsfather.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in Ignatius Hall.
The varsity baseball team will play at Shaw tonight with first pitch set for 6:30.
The 9th grade baseball team will host Shaw this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:30.
The JV and Jr. High track and field teams will compete in the district meet this afternoon and evening at Tad Gormley Stadium. Field events begin at 4:00, while the running events start at 6:00.
- The St. Peter Claver Club welcomes former Jesuit Alumnus of the Year – Dooky Chase, III – as the final guest in this year’s Lunchtime Speaker Series Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Chase will speak on a variety of topics including his family restaurant’s role in the Civil Rights Movement. This event is open to all interested Blue Jays.
- Any student who expressed interest in being a cheerleader next year will meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- National Honor Society is now accepting nominations for officers for next school year. Please go to canvas and download the nomination form. Forms must be turned in no later than Friday, April 12. Elections will take place April 15 – 17. Turn forms in to Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- Juniors who have not yet lined up a service project should see Mr. Murphy in the Campus Ministry office as soon as possible.
- Top’s tip of the day: Everyone has an attitude. Is yours positive or negative?