Announcements for Friday, April 5, 2019
Today is Friday, April 5, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The Philelectic Society’s production of Into the Woods continues tonight and tomorrow at 7:30. Advanced tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Herpetology club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 229.
- The Urban Farming Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 311. New members are welcome.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will host the co-director of the Louisiana MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) summer camp today during the second half of lunch in Room 329 for anyone interested in volunteering over the summer. The application deadline is April 15.
The varsity, JV, and junior high track and field team will compete in the Chubby Marks Invitational at Tad Gormley this afternoon and evening.
The varsity baseball team will play at Shaw on Saturday afternoon with first pitch set for 1:30.
The 8th grade baseball team will face De La Salle this afternoon at Jefferson Playground starting at 4:30.
The 9th grade baseball team will host Shaw at John Ryan Stadium on Saturday starting at 10:00. The JV game vs. St. Charles Catholic will follow at 12:30.
- The Varsity Lacrosse team will play Catholic High Saturday at 3:30 at Joe Yenni Stadium.
- Students donating blood on Monday must get permission slips in no later than Monday, April 8. Bring forms to Mrs. Tassin or bring them with you to the Commons for your appointment.
- Students in Peer Support are to report for a Topic Meeting Tuesday during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- Intramural golf will continue next Tuesday at City Park. Anyone interested in playing should see Mr. Bairnsfather.
- Juniors – Reminder that your college forms, resume and questionnaire are due Monday, April 8. Replacement documents can be found in your College Counseling course in Canvas
- Top’s tip of the day: School Spirit – it’s not just about sports
- Congratulations to Juniors Marco Lagos and Richard Montoya, Sophomore Marcelo Torres and Freshman Josh Barraza. They were the recipients of the 2019 New Orleans Hispanic Heritage Foundation Scholarships and were honored on Monday evening at the foundation’s ceremony.
- Congratulations to Elijah Morgan for being named to the Louisiana Sports Writers Association Class 5-A first team all-state team.