Announcements for Thursday, February 28, 2019
Today is Thursday, February 28, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- The annual school-wide King Cake Party will take place today during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Clubs, teams, and organizations can set up at their designated tables. Student Council will provide several king cakes for other students.
- The varsity basketball team will host Catholic in the quarterfinal round of the Division 1 state playoffs on Friday night in the gym with tip off set for 7:00 p.m. Admission is $8.00 for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for Catholic and Jesuit students with ID. Season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest.
- The United States Naval Academy Silent Drill Team will be on campus today during 3rd and 4th periods. The Drill Team will perform their specialty drill in the yard near the courtyard. All students and faculty who are free those periods are welcome to come see the team and get a presentation on the United States Naval Academy.
- The 2018 Yearbooks are here! Juniors and Seniors who purchased a book should pick theirs up today during lunch period in Room 132. Sophomores and Freshmen will be able to pick their’s up tomorrow during lunch in Room 132.
- JNN will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- A meeting of interest for next year’s Student Council Executive Board will be held today during the first half of lunch in Room 112. If you think you may run, then you should attend.
- Programming Club will meet today after school in Room 403.
- Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the Griffin Relays at Dutchtown High School this afternoon and evening. Field events begin at 3:05 with the running events to follow at 5:30.
- The golf team will face St. Augustine this afternoon at Bartholomew starting at 4:00.
The varsity baseball team will open play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament at John Ryan Stadium tonight vs. Belle Chasse with first pitch set for 6:30.
The tennis team will play Country Day this afternoon at UNO starting at 4:00.
The bowling team will face Crescent City this afternoon at All Star Lanes starting at 3:20.
- Any Mu Alpha Theta members attending State Convention should turn in completed permission forms with payment today to Room 328. Email Mrs. Brauner with any questions.
- Ochsner Fitness Center is offering many opportunities for summer jobs. Interview Day is March 20, April 4 and April 8 all from 4-6 pm. Pick up a flyer for details in the guidance office.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: What are you doing when someone is taking your picture and you don’t know.