Announcements for Monday, February 18, 2019
Today is Monday, February 18, 2019
Regular Order, Day 2
- The Polish Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 224. New members are welcome.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 239.
The varsity baseball team will face Newman tonight in its season opener at Avenger with first pitch set for 6:00.
The bowling team will face Pearl River this afternoon at All Star Lanes starting at 3:20.
- Members of Peer Support should report for a topic meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: This is your school respect it.
- Today’s Black History Month fact of the day, brought to you by the St. Peter Claver Club: In 1974 Sterling Cincore ’74 became Jesuit’s first African American National Merit Semifinalist. Today, Cincore is the CFO of the Children’s Youth and Family Collaborative in Los Angeles. The next year, Mr. Doug Hypolite, S.J. became Jesuit’s first African American faculty member. As a Jesuit scholastic, Mr. Hypolite taught in the modern foreign languages department. Today, Fr. Hypolite is a member of the Strake Jesuit community in Houston.
- The basketball team concluded the regular season with a 68-37 win over East Iberville. Elijah Morgan scored 21 and Rob McMahon added 10 points, while Noah Varnado had seven assists. The team enters the playoffs with a 29-6 record.