Announcements for Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Today is Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Regular Order, Day 4
- Calliope continues to accept poetry, fiction, essays, art, and photography for its 2019 edition. Email writing submissions to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes, and bring physical art to the English Department. The deadline is Feb. 15.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in Ignatius Hall.
- The Service and Social Justice League will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 132. Those members who signed up to serve breakfast on Feb. 6 must attend. All are welcome.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- All members of the JV and varsity tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 219
- The varsity basketball team will host Shaw tonight in the gym with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The varsity soccer team will host Brother Martin in the regional round of the state playoffs tomorrow night at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $7.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for Jesuit and Brother Martin students with ID and children (ages 6-11). Note that student ID’s are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA playoff contests.
- Homerooms who won the Christmas Door Decorating contest will meet in the Commons on Wednesday morning for their donut party.
- Students interested in participating in this year’s Slam n Jam should meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Name tags are to be worn properly at all times.