Announcements for Monday, February 4, 2019
Today is Monday, February 4, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 239.
- The bowling team will face St. Augustine this afternoon at All Star Lanes starting at 3:20.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Being a man for others should be a priority for all of us.
- Today’s Black History Month fact of the day, brought to you by the St. Peter Claver Club: Along with the rest of the Archdiocese of New Orleans, Jesuit desegregated on September 4, 1962, when it enrolled eight African-American students: two juniors, one sophomore, and five freshman. Thomas Fornerette and Wesley Watkins became Jesuit’s first African-American graduates as members of the Class of 1964. Watkins became a doctor in the San Francisco area; he died last May. Fornerette is in the insurance industry in Pennsylvania.
- JV basketball defeated Holy Cross 43-37. The team was led by Luke Laforge’s 14 points and Patrick Lavie’s 10 points. Malcolm Baldwin and Chris Gillen made game icing free throws.
- On Friday night, the basketball team, led by the Gizzard, defeated Holy Cross 67-46. Once again the defense – led by Zack Debelieux, Nick Artigues and Nick Brewster – was the key to victory. Offensively, the team was led by Elijah Morgan’s 31 points, Noah Varnado, who had a double- double scoring 19 points and 11 rebounds, and Rob McMahon who added 12 points. The coaches and team want to thank all you who showed such great and enthusiastic support on Friday night. It was a tremendous show of Blue Jay Spirit.