Jesuit Captures Two Individual Titles at Trey Culotta Invitational
Over the Christmas break the Blue Jay wrestling team took fifth place at Brother Martin’s annual Trey Culotta Invitational at Bob Conlin Gymnasium. Jesuit went 2-for-2 in the finals, having a pair of winners in seniors Sam Dreuil (106) and Perry Ganci (285).
Brother Martin scored 921 points to win the 29-team event. Vestavia Hills (AL) finished as the runner-up, and Division II powers Teurlings Catholic and Parkway took third and fourth.
Through the Lens…
By the Numbers…
Individual results by weight class are as follows…
- 106 – Sam Dreuil (16-4) placed 1st and scored 68.0 team points.
- 1st Place Match – Sam Dreuil (Jesuit) won by decision over Glenn Price (Archbishop Shaw) (Dec 7-5)
- 113 – Henry Ehrhardt placed 15th and scored 9.0 team points.
- 120 – Chris Charles placed 19th and scored 6.0 team points.
- 132 – Luke Eccles (18-1) placed 3rd and scored 64.5 team points.
- 3rd Place Match – Luke Eccles (Jesuit) won by major decision over Demetri Teddlie (C.E. Byrd) (MD 16-4)
- 138 – Luke Battaglia placed 17th and scored 7.0 team points.
- 145 – Colby Queyrouze (21-8) placed 4th and scored 57.0 team points.
- 3rd Place Match – Morgan Manuel (Rayne) won by decision over Colby Queyrouze (Jesuit) (Dec 7-2)
- 152 – Charlie Cyrus placed 11th and scored 21.0 team points.
- 170 – Mason Murrett placed 16th and scored 8.0 team points.
- 182 – Dennis Dougherty (9-5) placed 5th and scored 44.0 team points.
- 5th Place Match – Dennis Dougherty (Jesuit) won by fall over Shannon Summers (Hahnville) (Fall 0:49)
- 195 – Jack Grady placed 7th and scored 31.0 team points.
- 220 – Jacob Kieff placed 9th and scored 33.0 team points.
- 285 – Perry Ganci (7-0) placed 1st and scored 77.0 team points.
- 1st Place Match – Perry Ganci (Jesuit) won by fall over Mack Brown (Brother Martin) (Fall 5:16)
On the Horizon…
The grappling Jays travel to Atlanta, Ga., for the Holy Innocents Prep Slam X tournament. The Prep Slam features 40-plus teams from 13 states and is considered by many to be the largest, most competitive prep tournament in the nation.
Wrestling Page on the Jesuit Website