Announcements for Friday, December 7, 2018
Today is Friday, December 7, 2018
Mass Day Order, Day 6
- It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts. This is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and the Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through 14 December. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes have been placed in each homeroom to collect the toys. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. The drive only lasts until 14 December: so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.
- An extension has been granted for the Door Decoration Contest. Doors will be judged after school today. There is still wrapping paper available in the Student Council office (Room 113).
- The JNN will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Psychology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 132.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Jesuit’s Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 313.
The varsity wrestling team will compete in the South Walton Border Wars Tournament in Pensacola this evening and on Saturday.
The jr. high wrestling team will host and compete in the Jesuit Invitational Jr. High Tournament on Saturday in the gym starting at 9:00 a.m.
- The 9th grade basketball team will play at Archbishop Hannan on Saturday morning starting at 9:00. The 8th grade game follows at 10:00.
The 8th grade soccer team will host De La Salle this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00. The JV game follows at 6:00. The jv soccer team will also play at St. Paul’s on Saturday starting at 11:00.
The 9th grade soccer team will host Brother Martin on Saturday at John Ryan Stadium at 9:30 and later face Gulfport at 12:30.
- An admission representative from Louisiana Tech University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: We have an opportunity to celebrate Mass today. Be part of the celebration.
- Saturday, the JV Quiz Bowl team battled through the Mount Carmel tournament to second place, finishing highest among the Louisiana teams. The team of Andrew Cavignac, Ellis Beasley, and Wade Rogers was led by captain Collin Pelitere. Collin finished third highest in the individual rankings, and Andrew finished tenth. The Varsity team finished third in the tournament, and second among the Louisiana teams. Captain Dexter Webster led Bradley Fugetta, Michael Owers, Christopher Vuong, and Donald Webster through some of the most difficult matches they’ve faced this year. Christopher finished sixth in individual scoring and Dexter finished tenth. Congratulations, Quiz Bowl.