Announcements for Friday, November 9, 2018
Today is Friday, November 9, 2018
Regular Order, Day 2
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 132. Officer elections and winter sports assignments will take place at the start of the meeting.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Anyone interested in taking drivers this fall can meet with Coach Roule today during lunch in Room 229 to turn in paper work or ask questions about the class.
- Shrek the Musical opens tonight at 7:30 and has performances tomorrow at 2 and 7:30pm. See how a dream comes true for our ogre hero Shrek (junior Ben Schaubhut), the beautiful Princess Fiona (Urusline senior Diana Ledet), and the wisecracking Donkey (sophomore Carter Morris) when they band together with their fairy tale creature friends against the evil Lord Farquaad (freshman Matthew Busenlener). Save $5 by buying advanced tickets from the Jesuit website or the Phils office, Room 201.
- Student Council will be hosting the first ever Shrek Jeopardy during the first half of lunch to promote the Shrek the Musical! Make sure you don’t miss it before its “ogre”.
- The varsity football team will host St. Paul’s in the opening round of the state playoffs on tomorrow night at Tad Gormely Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11) and are available for purchase at the switchboard today and tomorrow from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest.
- Next Tuesday, the US Army Adventure Semi (AS1) will be on campus for students. The AS1 is a tractor/trailer with a self-contained simulation system, including an Oculus Rift Virtual Reality System, a M4 Laser-Shot Simulator, an Apache Flight Simulator, and an interactive robotic arm simulator. Students interested in participating can fill out a permission form found here. Permission forms are required to participate. Forms can also be picked up outside Room 114.
- An admission representative from Washington University in St. Louis will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Blue Jay Spirit is a remarkable thing when you have it.
Congratulations to the following varsity football players for being selected to the WWL All-District First Team: Perry Ganci, Sonny Hazard, Max Scheurich, Jacob Kieff, and Patrick Motes.