Announcements for Thursday, September 13, 2018
Today is Thursday, September 13, 2018
Regular Order, Day 6
- Used booksale money is available for pick up until Friday in the Principal’s Office, Room 235.
- Tryouts for Junior Varsity Quiz Bowl will begin today during the first half of lunch in Room 412.
- Students interested in running for Homecoming Court must meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112. 8th Grade students are not eligible to run.
- All new members of the National Honor Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Model United Nations Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214. New members are welcome.
- Students interested in joining the Bowling Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 304. No competitive bowling experience is necessary. Please see Mr. McCabe in Room 301 if you cannot attend but want to participate.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of Lunch in Room 316. All returning and new members are welcome.
- The Programming Club will meet today after school in Room 403. New members are welcome.
- All members of the wrestling team not currently participating in a fall sport should report 1 today immediately after school to the hallway outside Computer Lab for the “Impact Test”. Wait for Coach Moran before entering.
The 9th grade football team will host Chalmette this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:30.
The 8th grade football team will face De La Salle this afternoon at Jefferson Playground starting at 5:00.
- All tennis players seeking information about this year’s tryout process for the JV and Varsity team should meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 219.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will have an organizational meeting tomorrow during second half of lunch in Room 329. There will also be a meeting tomorrow after school in Room 329 for those who wish to join the Health Occupations Students of America organization. All are welcome to attend.
- The varsity football team will play at Central in Baton Rouge on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the switchboard today from 7:30-3:30 and on Friday from 7:30-1:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be honored at the gate.
The Jesuit lacrosse program will hold its parent meeting this Friday at 6PM in the Commons. Anyone interested in playing lacrosse this school year must have a parent or guardian attend this meeting.
- 8th Grade students interested in running for Class President should pick up a form outside Room 113. Forms are due Monday to the Student Council Office or Guidance Office.
- Any students interested in assisting with the Good Shepherd School’s annual fundraiser on Saturday night should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- Today is the deadline for submitting intramural football registration forms and fees. The intramural football captain’s meeting will take place today during the first half of lunch in Room 329. Captains and co-captains, or a representative from the team, must attend this meeting.
- National Honor Society members: club dues for all members must be turned in today. All members attending the Induction Ceremony tonight and all officers and aides must attend a rehearsal meeting today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Sophomores completing their day of service this Saturday need to check canvas for further details and permission forms.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have an Oct. 15 deadline are due on Monday, Sept. 17. Please see your college counselor with any questions you may have about this.
- Seniors are reminded that voter registration will take place today during lunch in the Commons.
- Admission representatives from Southeastern University of Louisiana, University of Redlands in California, and Louisiana State University will be available today during lunch in Rooms 122, 121, and 120.
- Top’s tip of the day: There is never a wrong time to do the right thing.