Announcements for Thursday, April 12, 2018
Today is Thursday, April 12, 2018
Assembly Order #2, Day 1
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit as the Jesuit baseball team takes on Brother Martin tomorrow evening at John Ryan Stadium.
- Homeroom teachers please have a student empty the classroom recycling bins into the large bins in the hallway.
- Pre-Freshmen, Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors interested in running for Class Level President can pick up forms outside the Student Council Office, Room 113. The deadline for submission has been extended through Friday.
- Come see Fiddler on the Roof, opening tonight at 6:30! This beautiful musical tells the story of Tevye, the milkman, played by Senior John Howell, and his struggle as his daughters’ quests for love challenge their little town’s traditions. Student tickets are $15 and adult tickets are $20 at the door. Save $5 by buying in advance in room 201 or online.
- The Prolife Club will host a guest speaker from Louisiana Right to Life today during the entire lunch period in Room 329. Alex Seghers will present and speak about life-size fetal models as well as answer questions. All members of the Jesuit community are invited.
- Members of Peer Support should report for the final topic meeting of the year today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch The 400 Blows.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The varsity tennis team will face Brother Martin this afternoon at UNO starting at 4:00.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the Don Raymonds Relays at Hahnville this evening.
- The 8th grade baseball team begins play in the Brother Martin Tournament vs. Brother Martin starting at 5:15.
- Mu Alpha Theta members interested in running for office for next school year should attend a brief meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 332. See Ms. Schexnayder or Mrs. Brauner if you are not able to attend the meeting.
- Any underclassmen interested in becoming a varsity football equipment manager should see Coach Songy in the football office this week either before school or immediately after school.
- Intramural basketball play-offs continue today on the third floor of the Roussell building. Please review updated schedules posted in homerooms. Schedules are also posted on the first floor bulletin board.
- Top’s tip of the day: Being a Man for others should be a goal each of us have.