Announcements for Friday 9, 2018
Today is Friday, February 9, 2018
Regular Order, Day 1
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel. Adoration will begin at 12:50.
- Mardi Gras beads will be collected for St. Michael Special School after the break. Everyone is encouraged to place beads in the bins that will be located outside the library.
- Students registered for the ACT test tomorrow at Jesuit will not be allowed to park in neither the school yard nor the Roussell Bldg. Lot. Parking will be “on-street” only. Please plan accordingly.
- Writers and artists: The deadline for submissions to Calliope is 3:00 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 19, the day we return from Mardi Gras break. Send us your stuff.
- The choir will rehearse today during the first half of lunch in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs.
- The Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 322.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Brother Martin tonight with tip off set for 7:00PM. The JV game begins at 5:45PM while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30PM.
- Juniors who applied for the service trip to Appalachia should see Mr. Prados today.
- Top’s tip of the day: What will you be doing when someone takes your picture and you are unaware?
Congratulations to senior Thomas Sagona who earned a Superior rating singing at the LMEA District Solo & Small Ensemble Festival, qualifying him for State Rally.
The following students should report to the cafeteria to claim their prize for Chinese New Year: Senior Will Shropshire, Junior Matthew Moore, Sophomore Marquis Martin, Freshman Natham Pham-le, and Pre-Freshman Connor Campbell.
- On Tuesday, the basketball team defeated Holy Cross 55-50. The team was led by the defensive play of Zack deBlieux who had a late steal that led to his layup giving us the lead for good. Moments later he had a steal diving out of bounds, getting the ball to Elijah Morgan that led to his scoring on a free throw. Elijah led the team in scoring with 11 points, hitting critical free throws down the stretch. Noah Varnado added nine points. Rob McMahon led the rebounding effort securing 8 rebounds and Drew Black pulled down 7.