Announcements for Thursday, February 8, 2018
Today is Thursday, February 8, 2018
Regular Order, Day 2
- The annual school-wide King Cake party will take place today during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. The Student Council will have king cake for those not participating through a club or team or homeroom.
- Mardi Gras beads will be collected for St. Michael Special School after the break. Everyone is encouraged to place beads in the bins that will be located outside the library.
- All members of the JV tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 122.
- Jesuit Cafeteria will be having its yearly Chinese New Year Celebration today. All students who eat lunch today, hot or sandwich, will have their named entered for a drawing for Panda Express gift cards. Don’t forget to pick up some chopsticks!
- Mu Alpha Theta members attending the State Convention are reminded that registration forms are due today. See Ms. Schexnayder or Mrs. Brauner with any questions or concerns regarding this deadline.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Catholic in the 2nd round of the playoffs this afternoon starting at 3:30PM. Admission is $8.00 and $5.00 for students and children.
- Any students interested in tutoring after school at Girls Hope should see Mr. Murphy in Room 206 for more information. The Girls Hope home is located within easy walking distance of Jesuit. This opportunity is open to all students, but particularly to juniors in search of a service project.
- Juniors who have not yet attended their Kairos retreat should attend a brief meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 231. If you cannot attend, please see Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry office by the end of the day.
- Juniors are reminded to review the service directory, identify the service project that most interests them, and then see Mr. Murphy in Room 206.
- An admission representative from the University of South Florida will be available today during lunch in Room 122.
- Intramural basketball continues this week with 11/12 league play. Check first floor bulletin board for game and referee schedule. Students playing both in the gym and the Roussell Bldg. should play in non-marking athletic shoes, not in socks or school shoes.
- Top’s tip of the day: The sign of a real discipline person is the one that does the right thing with no one is watching.