Announcements for Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Today is Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Regular Order, Day 4
- The annual school-wide King Cake party will take place tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Teams, clubs, and homerooms are invited to bring king cakes for the party. If you need a table, see Mr. Orillion in Room 114 by the end of the day today.
- All members of the Jazz Band must meet today during the first half of lunch in the band room, Room 302.
- Jesuit Service Corps will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 322.
- All members of the varsity tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 122.
- All members of the JV tennis team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 122.
- Jesuit Cafeteria will be having its yearly Chinese New Year Celebration tomorrow. All students who eat lunch on that day, hot or sandwich, will have their named entered for a drawing for Panda Express gift cards. Don’t forget to pick up some chopsticks!
- Mu Alpha Theta members attending the State Convention are reminded that registration forms are due Thursday. See Ms. Schexnayder or Mrs. Brauner with any questions or concerns regarding this deadline.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Catholic in the 2nd round of the playoffs on Thursday afternoon starting at 3:30PM. Admission is $8.00 and $5.00 for students and children.
- Intramural basketball continues this week with 11/12 league play. Check first floor bulletin board for game and referee schedule. Students playing both in the gym and the Roussell Bldg. should play in non-marking athletic shoes, not in socks or school shoes.
- Juniors are reminded to review the service directory, identify the service project that most interests them, and then see Mr. Murphy in Room 206.
- Top’s tip of the day: Consumption of alcohol by minors is considered unlawful activity.
The 9th grade basketball team ran its record to 16-5 with a 61-32 rout of Holy Cross. The team was led by Tripp Haddad who dominated both ends of floor and scored 10 points. Malcolm Baldwin added 10 and had 4 steals. Patrick Lavie added 10 points, Porter Litchl had 9, Mathew Knight had 8 and Nathan Vicknair had 6.
- The JV basketball team ran its record to 14-5 with a 60-51 victory over Holy Cross. The team was led by Kyle Haupt with 17 points and Kylan Steele added 11 with 7 free throws. Austin Robert had the game clinching layup and had 6 points. Cole Toups hit a key three pointer and Adrian Foley added 5 points and 5 rebounds.