Announcements for Thursday, January 11, 2018
Today is Thursday, January 11, 2018
Regular Order, Day 6
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, is now accepting submissions for the 2018 edition. Visual art, photography, fiction, poetry, and essays can be brought or emailed to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes. See the flyer posted in your homeroom for more information.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Ultimate Frisbee Team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 316 to plan upcoming tournaments.
- All members of the varsity, JV, and 8th grade tennis teams will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 224.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch to continue its introduction to audio and video production.
- The Gizzard will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 112.
- Any students interested in playing varsity football next season who missed the try-out meeting should see Coach Songy today or tomorrow after school in the football office.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents the 10th Annual Senior-Directed One Act Play and Improv Comedy Festival to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank on Thursday, Jan. 18 at 6:30PM, Friday, January 19 and Saturday, January 20 at 7:30PM, and Saturday, January 20 at 2:00PM in the Jesuit auditorium. Admission is $5 or five canned goods. This year’s festival features nine plays, with original plays written by senior Thomas Sagona and senior Will Hite. Check the Phils page on the Jesuit website for the full schedule of performances.
- All members of the junior class must attend a meeting this week in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. Meetings will be held during the first half of the lunch in Room 329. Juniors in Program III will meet today; and Program IV will meet tomorrow. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important.
- Any senior interested in a part-time job at the Shiels Mott Law Firm should see Ms. Roberts in the Guidance Office for more information.
- Students who are interested in applying for a job with the New Orleans Baby Cakes and are at least 15 years old should pick up an application in the guidance office. Applications must be submitted by Feb. 9.
- Top’s tip of the day: Students are not to leave campus during school hours without permission.