Announcements for Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Today is Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 7
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, is now accepting submissions for the 2018 edition. Visual art, photography, fiction, poetry, and essays can be brought or emailed to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes. See the flyer posted in your homeroom for more information.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Students interested in playing varsity football next season will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium. If you are unable to make the meeting, you should see Coach Songy in the football office by Thursday.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet during the first half of lunch today in Room 322.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will have a staff meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 210. Story and photo assignments for the next issue will be made. Any editorial board members unable to attend must contact Mr. Mahne.
- Students interested in trying out for the Table Tennis Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 212. Spring try-outs will take place next week. Current team members do not have to attend the meting.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch in room 231. Fr. Farge will be delivering a talk on Catholic Samurais in Japan.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 239. New members are welcome.
The JV basketball team will host Hahnville tonight in the gym starting at 6:30PM. The 9th grade game begins at 5:30PM.
The 8th grad basketball team plays at Rummel this evening starting at 5:30PM
The varsity soccer team will host St. Augustine this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:00PM
The 8th grade soccer team will host Rummel this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:30PM. The 9thgrade game follows at 6:45PM.
- National Honor Society Members must check Canvas for the 3rd Quarter Tutoring Schedule. Tutoring will be during the lunch hour only for the duration of this semester. Tutoring begins today. Members who miss a session have 3 school days to re-schedule with Mrs. Tassin.
- National Honor Society members provide help with homework and studying daily during lunch in Room 317.
- All members of the junior class must attend a meeting this week in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. Meetings will be held during the first half of the lunch in Room 329. Juniors in Program II will meet today; Program III will meet tomorrow; and Program IV will meet on Friday. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher tomorrow during homeroom. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important.
- Top’s tip of the day: Uniforms must be clean when worn.