Basketball Homecoming on Jan. 26: A Chance to Reconnect, Experience New Gym
It’s time to celebrate Blue Jay Basketball! You and your family are invited to the
Jesuit Basketball Homecoming on Friday, January 26, 2018.
A special feature to this year’s event will be the opportunity to tour the renovated Birdcage (Jesuit’s gym) and locker rooms before heading to the Commons for the basketball alumni reception.
Besides the tours and the reception, this year’s homecoming celebration features free admission to the game, lots of Blue Jay Spirit, and a courtside section of alumni to cheer on this year’s Jays as they take on Warren Easton. The Homecoming celebration will unfold as follows:
- 5:45 p.m. – Open House – The gym is open for viewing by alumni and families. This is also a chance for alumni to interact with the players and head basketball coach Chris Jennings ’78.
- 6:15 p.m. – Basketball alumni, their families (including parents of alumni), and parents of current players walk across Banks St. to the Student Commons for a reception.
- 7 p.m. – Basketball alumni and their families exit the Commons and make their way back to The Birdcage. Admission is free for everyone.
- 7:15 p.m. – Basketball alumni and their families sit in pull-out bleachers across from this year’s team.
- 7:30 p.m. – Tip-off begins the game between the 12-3 Blue Jays and the Eagles.
For more information, please contact: