Announcements for Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Today is Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Regular Order, Day 1
- All homeroom Christmas door decorations should be taken down by the end of the day today.
- Blue Winter Sports Edition Gizzard shirts are being sold this week during lunch in the Student Council office for $10 a shirt. Shirts have long sleeves and a frocket.
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, is now accepting submissions for the 2018 edition. Visual art, photography, fiction, poetry, and essays can be brought or emailed to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes. See the flyer posted in your homeroom for more information.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
The varsity soccer team will host Rummel this afternoon starting at 3:30PM. The JV game follows at 5:30PM.
The 8th grade soccer team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 3:45PM.
The varsity basketball team will play at Rummel tonight with tip off set for 7:00PM. The JV game begins at 5:45PM, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30PM.
- Any current 8th, 9th , 10th, and 11th grade students interested in playing varsity football next season will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 329. If you are unable to make the meeting, you should see Coach Songy in the football office by Thursday.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will have a staff meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 210. Story and photo assignments for the next issue will be made. Any editorial board members unable to attend must contact Mr. Mahne.
- Students interested in trying out for the Table Tennis Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 212. Spring try-outs will take place next week. Current team members do not have to attend the meting.
- National Honor Society Members must check Canvas for the 3rd Quarter Tutoring Schedule. Tutoring will be during the lunch hour only for the duration of this semester. Tutoring begins today. Members who miss a session have 3 school days to re-schedule with Mrs. Tassin.
- National Honor Society members provide help with homework and studying daily during lunch in Room 317.
- Any students interested in participating in the Archdiocese’s day of service on Martin Luther King Day should see Mr. Bourg in Room 208.
- All members of the junior class must attend a meeting this week in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. Meetings will be held during the first half of the lunch in Room 329. Juniors in Program I will meet today; Program II will meet tomorrow; Program III will meet on Thursday; and Program IV will meet on Friday. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher tomorrow during homeroom. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important.
- Students who are interested in applying for a job with the New Orleans Baby Cakes and are at least 15 years old should pick up an application in the guidance office. Applications must be submitted by Feb. 9th.
- Any senior interested in a part-time job at the Shiels Mott Law Firm should see Ms. Roberts in the Guidance Office for more information.
- Top’s tip of the day: Writing on desk is considered vandalism.