Announcements for Thursday, December 7, 2017
Today is Thursday, December 7, 2017
Regular Order, Day 7
- Tomorrow is the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. We will have Mass tomorrow morning to celebrate the feast. Due to the special nature of this day students to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes, and socks. You may wear a suit if you wish. Students should also report to homeroom tomorrow morning, not assembly.
- 8th grade Gym Night forms are due today by the end of lunch to room 114.
- Students interested in competing for the Varsity, JV, or Junior High Track & Field Team should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 216.
- The French Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 318.
- The Pro Life Club will meet today in the 2nd floor Chapel during the second half of lunch to pray the rosary.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 220 to watch Gunga Din.
The varsity soccer team will open play in the Mandeville Tourney.
The varsity basketball team will continue play in the Newman Tourney today.
- Those interested in visiting Washington, D.C. this June as part of the Close Up program and missed Wednesday’s meeting should see Mr. Murphy in Room 206 before the end of the week. All Juniors and those Sophomores currently taking American History are eligible to go on the trip.
- This Saturday evening at 6 in the auditorium the Blue Jay Band will perform at their annual Christmas Band Concert. Stop by after Grandparents Mass and stay after the concert for a social in the Commons. The night will be filled with Christmas music and magic.
- Any students interested in tutoring 7th graders at St. John Lutheran School on Canal Street should see Mr. Murphy in Room 206 for more information.
- Seniors: Counseling request forms and applicable fees for every university you plan to apply (or have applied) to are due to the Guidance Office by the end of the day Monday, December 11. No forms will be accepted after this date.
- Top’s tip of the day: Don’t cheat.
- Intramural football schedule for today: