Announcements for Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Today is Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Regular Order, Day 2
- This week is the beginning of the Homeroom Door Decorating Contest. Every homeroom should decorate their door with a Christmas theme. Be as creative as possible! All homerooms will be judged, and the winning homeroom in each grade will get a doughnut party at the beginning of the third quarter. If you have any questions, see your homeroom representatives or anyone on the E-Board.
- The MCJROTC is sponsoring the Toys for Tots Drive. A collection box will be placed in each homeroom tomorrow, and each homeroom is encouraged to fill the box with as many toys as possible. Each toy should be new and unwrapped. Every donation will be used to spread Christmas cheer to local needy children. The drive will end on Friday, Dec. 15. The homeroom in each grade level who donates the most toys will receive a doughnut party. To qualify for doughnuts your homeroom should have donated at least one toy per student.
- Balfour will be in the Commons today during lunch to take ring orders for juniors and graduation announcement orders for seniors.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- The varsity soccer team will host Shaw this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:30PM. The JV game begins at 4:30PM.
- Those interested in visiting Washington, D.C. this June as part of the Close Up program should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 212. All Juniors and those Sophomores currently taking American History are eligible to go on the trip.
- Spring Hill College will conduct interviews with Seniors on campus tomorrow. Please sign up in the Guidance Office.
- Top’s tip of the day: Just because you are a Blue Jay, doesn’t mean you can Jaywalk.
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1 – 1204 vs. 1207, referees: Blair Loupe & Hunter Ludwig
- Field 2 – 1103 vs. 1106, referees: Cameron Ray & Michael Buisson
- Field 3 – 808 vs. 807, referees: Tanner Leblanc & Connor Kullivan
- Tomorrow’s intramural games will be make-up games from last week.